Sep

Holly 100wc

Filed Under (General News) by on 24-09-2012 and tagged ,

We were sitting down for dinner when…  A giant  meteorite  crash landed in my garden.  I was perplexed.  My brown mongrel started  barking at this giant rock. I  went outside to investigate the rock.  there was a gargantuan ditch in the ground. After that, my mum called the mueseum come and  observe this rock. Five minutes later, a member of staff from the mueseum  had a look at it. “This is amazing! It’s the most rarest rocks in the universe so we are going to put it in the mueseum!”cried the man,triumphantly. Two years later, I am now very famous.

10 Responses to “Holly 100wc”

1.   Mrs Duxbury Says:

Holly how clever of you to include such our wow words of the week in your writing. What a wonderful effort. I have noticed one sentence with a simple mistake in it. Can you spot it and correct it for me please.

2.   Tyla (Team 100WC) Says:

Hi Holly!

I was impressed by the words you used in the 100WC this week, they were good.

There is a sentence with a mistake in it which you need to have a look at but well done!

3.   Miss Windsor (Team 100WC) Says:

Hi Holly!

Thanks for entering the 100 word challenge!

* You have used a FABULOUS word – “perplexed”!
    * You have concluded your story in 100 words – not an easy thing to do!
    * You have tried hard to vary your openers
    w: Keep writing on the 100WC – I look forward to reading some more of your work!

Hope to see you next week!

Miss Windsor (Team 100WC)

4.   Katie St. John Vianney Says:

This is a great story, Holly! You used a lot of adjectives and made the story very vivid in my head!
    Well done,
    Katie

5.   Mrs Chadbond Says:

Hello Holly! I’ve just spotted that your amazing work has been showcased! Fantastic. You deserve it because your descriptions are super. Very well done!

6.   Ross Mannell (Team 100WC) Says:

Hello, Holly.

Congratulations on being selected for the 100WC Showcase. 🙂

I see you chose a science fiction theme for your story. Scifi stories are always a favourite of mine.

What I particularly liked was the idea of a rare mineral meteorite. Just being a meteorite makes them valuable but they can bring rare minerals. We already know they can bring iridium to our planet but why not other rare minerals?

I read a planet discovered orbiting a distant star is thought to be mostly carbon. Carbon is the element found in diamonds. Imagine if a 1kg (2.2lb) piece of that crashed to earth and you could hold such a large diamond. Imagine the ring or necklace. 🙂

Keep blogging and entering the 100WC.

@RossMannell (Team 100WC)
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

7.   Max Says:

Dear Holly,
    I liked the words you used as in perplexed ,investigate, gargantua
    And triumphantly. It was very interesting. How did you feel when you wrote about the giant rock landing in your garden?
    Bye,
    Max

8.   Dani Says:

Amazing use of words,I will definetley look at yours next week!

9.   lewis Says:

WOW Holly that 100 word challenge was amazing I loved it so much very well done! 🙂 🙂 🙂

10.   lucys Says:

WOW Holly!
    Your 100 word challange is very describtive and I like how you used triumphantaly and we loved the plot of your writing.

from Lucy and Lauren 6W